I will be doing a monthly review of makeup related products and this is the lip product I wore almost every day in December 2017 and here is my take on it.
Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid lipstick
THE liquid lipstick that started the craze! Unleash long lasting, high-pigment color with a swipe of the wand. In 43 to-die-for shades, this creamy, comfortable formula glides over lips like a gloss and sets to a true matte finish.
-Outline lip with applicator tip.
-Fill in lip with high-pigment color.
-Artistry tip: fill in lip with angled part of applicator.
-Keep lips still for a few seconds, then apply a second coat for unstoppable wear.
Isododecane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Polyethylene, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Dicalcium Phosphate.
[Above] How it looks when I first put it on. It actually looks more creamy but the picture is not doing justice 😦
[Above] After 10+ hours including eating and drinking
- Packaging: It’s a typical slender looking lip product. I am the type who doesn’t care too much about the packaging and I would rather pay less money for less fancy packaging than pay more for the fancy look. The product’s cover was tight when closed, and nothing leaked so that’s good on my end. It does look stylish with the ink motif design on the cover, but yeah other than nothing much.
- Color: It comes in 43 colors total, so that is pretty awesome! The colors range from pink to black so they are quite diverse and would suit a lot of people’s needs! The color I got was called Double Dare and I purchased it after seeing one of my favorite make up artist Pony put it on her, and it looked so gorgeous!! I mean herself is gorgeous but the color reminded me of dried up rose petals. The color looks especially stunning as the time goes on which is even more awesome. The color is quite pigmented and might look outdated(?) because it looked bold on my lips but in an aging look way. However, as I wore it throughout the day, the color became more muted and looked really pretty at the end of the day. For more muted(?) look, I would wipe off the excess so it doesn’t look as shiny and creamy (if that’s not your thing).
- Texture: It is quite creamy when I put it on my lips; however, the color comes off quite easily when I accidentally touch my lips with my fingers or eat or drink. As the time goes by, the texture becomes matte but if I wiped my lips for any reason, the color would come off, so I thought that was quite odd and interesting.
- Scent: Like a chemical?
- Performance: The color is pigmented, and quite long-lasting and for most times, it does stay well even though I’ve eaten or drank throughout the day. Like I mentioned before, the color does come off or it would leave a ring on your cup, but somehow, the pigmentation seemed to infiltrate my lips that the color stayed on the whole day. The product is not hydrating, so I had to put on my lip balm few times a day.
- Availability: Easy access as it is available online and offline from various beauty online stores.
- Price: 24 CAD at Sephora stores so it’s not drugstore price but it’s not sooo steep that it did not turn me off from purchasing it.
When I first tried it on my lips, I didn’t like the color because I thought it was too shiny and aged my look and I left it alone for a while. When I tried it the second time, it was the same effect, shiny and outdated but I persisted having it on the whole day and that was when I noticed the color tone looked prettier and muted as the day went by. Also, the color is very pigmented, so it stayed on the whole day as you can see from my pictures. I didn’t even re-apply any lip colored product other than lip balm to hydrate my lips so that was good because I did not have to worry about my lip color fading.
Overall, I do like the product, but I will wear it when I need my lip color to stay for the whole day. The color is quite bold so I wouldn’t wear it if I am going for a natural look. Unless I have nothing else on other than my lips, then I might consider wearing it to lessen my whole face looking tired and listless. Because of the price, I wouldn’t rush out to get all the colors, but because I only have to apply it once a day, I wouldn’t mind exploring other colors if need be. I am not the type to test out new things, but to observe from far away, and then pounce and to see for myself.
Please share your thoughts if you tried any other Kat Von D Everlasting lip product!
Thanks for reading!