I know I am so late on writing posts. I just recently got a new full time jb so I am currently working everyday! I know it can be unhealthy, but that will be for another post.
Now, I will be doing a post on reviewing these two eyebrow pencils.
I was first introduced to Anastasia Brow Wiz eyebrow pencils probably in my mid 20’s when I really got into make up (I am a late make up bloomer). I only got them because a friend used to work for Sephora and she could get them for discounted price! So, the ones I have are all from the time I purchased from her which was like 5+ years ago (the case is a burgundy brown color instead of the black one).
I probably heard about this new eyebrow pencil called Holika Holika Wonder Drawing Skinny eyebrow pencil from one of the many You Tube videos I watched and heard it was a dupe to the Anastasia Brow Wiz, so when I went to Korea this year in April, I decided to grab one.
I wanted to compare these eyebrow pencils to see how they really are and here are my thoughts.
Anastasia Brow Wiz
Anastasia’s Brow Wiz is an ultra fine pencil designed to shape, fill and ‘plump out’ sparse or unshapely brows. It avoids the ‘coloured in’ look using a skinny, mechanical nib that can mimic even the finest hairs, coupled with a brush for convenient blending. You can fake fuller brows in an instant thanks to a spectrum of natural shades – and you won’t be caught short sans sharpener – just twist. Nobody need ever know that your elegant, face framing arches were quickly drawn on in the back of the taxi!
FULL INGREDIENTS LIST
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil/Hydrogenated Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil/Hydrogenated Huile végétale, Zinc Stearate, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba/cera carnauba, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, May Contain/Peut Contenir: (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) <8914>
- From Cult Beauty Website
Color: It comes in 9 shades in total
- Packaging: It is a standard eyebrow pencil. It is quite easy to handle as in just take off the cap, and roll up the pencil (don’t really know what to call these things as it is not really a pencil per se?). It comes with a spoolie brush on the other end, so I can comb my eyebrows before and after. The brush is quite dense, so it feels quite smooth when brushed.
- Color: It comes in 9 shades in total and I am using “brunette”. I also use “medium ash” when I have lighter hair color. The color brunette matches the color and it goes well with my black/brown Asian hair. Medium ash will match with people who have lighter hair color than dark brown hair and want a lighter eyebrown color.
- Texture: It glides smoothly on my skin when drawn on my eyebrows.
- Scent: None
- Performance: The color is pigmented, and quite long-lasting but it is not a waterproof product so be careful when going in water. The pencil (will keep using the term pencil for now lol) has a fine tip so when I want to draw with precision, it works well.
- Availability: Easy access as it is available in stores such as Sephora and online stores
- Performance: It has a fine tip so it takes some time and precision when drawn. When I am running late, the last thing I need is a fine pigmented tip that needs to be drawn on my face with precision. Not going to work.
- The price: It currently sells for $27CAD from Sephora and if I use it everyday, I will probably use it up within three months. I draw my eyebrows with multiple eyebrow products, so I try to savor(?) this pencil so that is why it probably last three months but if I solely relied on this product, it would have probably gone in two months. I just remember using it and realizing it got used up too quickly and felt I got scammed or something.
Overall: Recommend or No?
- I would Recommend to people who have disposable income and want quality eyebrows products and all other products have failed them.
- I would Not Recommend to people who are on a budget like me. It is a good eyebrow pencil but I feel it contains too little amount for the price so unfortunately, I would not get another one. I remember when using the product and when it was done, I thought I was getting scammed or somthing because it got used up so quickly.
[right above picure]
Comparisons in natural indoor light
Above color: Holika Holika (Dark Brown)
Below color: Anastasia ( Brunette)
Holika Holika Wonder Drawing eyebrow Skinny Eyebrow
1.5mm super slim type eyebrow helps easy and precise drawing. You can create sharp and thin end to your eyebrow line. With hard formula, it gives silky color without smudge. Porous powder particle creates a strong shield on eyebrows to work against sebum and sweat, keeping them in place all day long.
Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Polyethylene, Zinc Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Mica (CI 77019), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Methicone, Pearl Powder, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate
- From Holika Holika website
Color: It comes in 4 shades in total
- Packaging: It is a standard eyebrow pencil. It is quite easy to use as in just take off the cap, and roll up the pencil. It also comes with a spoolie brush on the other end, so I can comb my eyebrows before and after. Comparing with Anastasia, this brush is more sparse and when brushing so it felt more prickly on my skin. It is not so bad that I will not stop using it, but it was noticeable. It also is 0.03g bigger than the Anastasia pencil.
- Color: Comes in 4 shades and I have the 02 Dark Brown. I guess it is better than just having more than 1 color so I put it in the pros section ha ha.
- Texture: It is not that bad but I feel I do have to put more pressure on my eyebrows. More comments on cons section down below.
- Scent: None
- Performance: The tip is skinny so if I need precision it was there. Other than that, it was not too bad. The color lasted until the end of the day. Again, this is not a water proof product.
- Price: I rememeber it was around $7 CAD approx. and there was 30% sale in stores so it came around $5 CAD so for this price, it is not too bad. Probably the biggest point for this product is the price.
- Availability: Medium access as it is available online.
- Packaging: It somehow feels flimsier than the Anastasia one, but nothing too much of a concern.
- Colors: Now dark brown does not come out as a brown like the Anastasia ‘brunette’ but it comes as slightly reddish brown color, especially in the sun. Because of this reason, I am not super liking it.
- Texture: Now, if I did not compare it with Anastasia, I would have given it more of a thumbs up, but comparing it to the Anastasia eyebrow pencil, I do have to put a bit more force when drawing with Holika eyebrown pencil. Or maybe, it is because the color is not dark as it should be, I could be putting more force on my hands to darken the color on my eye brows.
- Performance: It was long lasting as in nothing got wiped away. It is fall season in Canada, so I am not currently fighting with sweat other than working out, but even then, it is good.
- Availability : Medium access as it is available online only and stores throughout Asia but not in North America.
Overall: Recommend or No?
- I would only recommend if you like slightly reddish brown color with skinny tip and you are on budget. Also if the price was even lower, like if it goes on sale, I would consider but other than that I would not. I am always looking for dark brown that looks natural and this was not it. I am currently using an eyebrown pencil from Innisfree that has the color that I like with even cheaper price so if you guys are interested about this eyebrow product, please leave a comment down below 🙂
Anyways here are my reviews on Anastasia Brow Wiz VS. Holika Holika Wonder Drawing eyebrow Skinny Eyebrow and final overall is, I would not purchase either of them so onto the next eyebrow item~!!!
If you guys have any favorite eyebrown pencils or products, please leave a comment down below!
Thank you for reading!