Wow! Haven’t been blogging for a loong time! I work 7 days a week, so I have been quite busy, and I was sick for a month. Well I still am stuck with mucus and I cannot smell or taste anything but at least I can write, so here I am!
I have also started a Youtube channel with a friend, Alina, and the channel is called That was Clothes so please subscribe and support! 🙂
I mentioned I work on weekends and I work day shifts which mean I start from 8 am to 4 pm. Working at 8 am on a Saturday and Sunday is tough and I would have to wake up around 6:45 am ish to get ready and to put makeup etc. I sometimes carpool, so it would be even earlier. Ughh…BUT bills gotta get paid, and I like the job, so it is fine for now. .
Around a month ago, I realized I can just put my makeup at work and that I can have that extra 15 minutes of sleep and, believe me, 15 minutes of snooze is WORTH IT!
One day, I brought my makeup stash to put on at work and realized, I forgot to bring my Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner in black which I always use on my eyes. I was devastated because I need my eyeliner and for all, you girls who NEED eyeliner (most of the time ;)) will get me!! Anyways, I pondered, and I decided I will get another gel eyeliner and I thought, what is a famous gel eyeliner? And it hit me! Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner! I have heard rave reviews, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try it out.
Here are the pros and cons of each product and the summary down below!
Get the precision of a liquid liner with the ease of a gel-based formula. With an easy brush applicator, the eyeliner glides on smoothly and precisely, then quickly dries down to a long-wearing, water-resistant finish.
01 | Black: Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ceresin, Caprylyl Methicone, Talc, Ultramarines (CI 77007), Silica Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Butylparaben, BHT, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil
Colors: 01 Black, 02 Brown, 03 Pearl Brown, 04 Khaki Black, 05 Pearl Black, 06 Choco Brown, 07 Deep Burgundy
- Packaging: It is not bad. It comes with a free brush which I use everyday and it works out. The only thing is to be careful when transporting this item. If put with different makeup in a makeup bag, the wand might break off, or become loose, as it can be fragile in that way. I would recommend putting in a place where it can be held, so it will not move around.
- Color: It comes in 7 colors in total, so that is pretty sweet! When I purchased the eyeliner, it only came in 2 colors!! Black and pearl brown. I would definitely NOT recommend buying pearl brown unless you want to use it more under liner shading purpose. I haven’t tried any other colors, so if anyone out there who did, share the joy by commenting down below!
- Texture: It glides smoothly on my skin when drawn on my eyelids. Mine dried up a bit, but still not too bad. I noticed one of the ingredient list included was grapeseed oil, so I am planning to put some of the oil into the pot so and hopefully, that will revitalize its life. .
- Scent: None
- Performance: The color is pigmented, and quite long-lasting and for the most times, it does stay well during hard, sweaty workouts. I say ‘most’ because sometimes I find that the eyeliner runs (smudges a bit) at the end. It is not consistent, but it does do the job for the most part. Also, I mentioned, it does dry up (especially during winter) but if I push the brush harder into the pot (without putting oil or anything), it works out.
- Availability: Fairly easy access as it is available online from various beauty online stores.
- Price: Drugstore price is quite affordable. It is approx. 10 CAD.
A pigment-rich gel eyeliner with 12-hour wear, it offers the precision of a liquid liner without the fuss.
What it does:
This award-winning, long-wearing eyeliner offers the precision of liquid liner with the ease of a gel-based formula—all with 12 hours of waterproof and sweat- and humidity-resistant wear. It glides easily onto lids, and then dries to a flexible finish that will not flake or fade.
-Dip the tip of the Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush (not included with the eyeliner) into the gel formula (coat both sides of brush head).
-Wipe off excess on tissue before applying to eye. Work quickly as product becomes transfer-resistant once dry.
-To remove, use Instant Long-Wear Makeup Remover (sold separately).
From Sephora website
isododecane – cyclopentasiloxane – polyethylene – trimethylsiloxysilicate – disteardimonium hectorite – propylene carbonate – lecithin – phenyl trimethicone – hydrogenated polyisobutene – methicone – barium sulfate – bht – phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) – mica – titanium dioxide (ci 77891) – blue 1 lake (ci 42090) – carmine (ci 75470) – chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) – manganese violet (ci 77742) – yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) – chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) – bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) – ultramarines (ci 77007) – ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]
- From Makeupalley website
Colors: Black Ink – jet black, Espresso Ink – black brown, Chocolate Shimmer Ink – dark red brown, Denim Ink – navy blue, Indigo Ink – bright blue
Size: 0.1oz, 3g
- Packaging: It is a standard pot. Nothing fancy. One thing to note, this product does not come with an eyeliner, so you would have to purchase a separate one. The original Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush was $35 CAD (MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE PRODUCT??!!) I could not cough up the money,so I got a Sephora version Sephora Collection Pro Angled Liner Brush #22 for $20 CAD. That was expensive as well, but I bought it to try it out. After I tried it, it wasn’t anything special, so after using it, I refunded it.
- Color: It comes in five colors and I haven’t tried other colors, but they do look nice.
- Texture: This product also glides smoothly on my skin when drawn on my eyelids. This was a new product compared to my Tony Moly one (to take note), so the texture was still smooth and not dry.
- Scent: None
- Performance: I am comparing black (Tony Moly) and dark brown (Bobbi Brown) so I cannot compare the colors 1:1. The color is pigmented, and quite long-lasting and for the most times, it does stay well during hard, sweaty workouts. I say ‘most’ because sometimes I find that the eyeliner runs (smudges a bit) at the end. It is not consistent, but it does the job for the most part.
- Availability: Easy access as it is available in makeup stores such as Sephora and various online beauty stores.
- Price: 32 CAD!!!
- I would hands down recommend Tony Moly Backstage Gel Eyeliner because it has the similar benefits to what Bobbi BrownLong-Wear Gel Eyeliner offers, but at a much lower price. Bobbi Brown did not have three times the benefits as compared to how much it cost so yay for Tony Moly! Also, I found out, if you want the dark brown/black effect, simply lighten the pressure when using the eyeliner and if you want the black color, just press harder into the product and it comes out darker! With this one product, you can have two effects, so I would definitely recommend this product. I have been using this product for almost a year, and I still have a lot left. I would not stock up on these eyeliners as they do last a long time, so just get them as you run out.
How was your experience using these eyeliners? Do you have any awesome eyeliners you would like to recommend to others? If so, please comment down below!
As always, thank you for reading and take care 🙂